Etoolbay, Inc., which operates ToolzDO.com, started three years ago with the idea of connecting neighbors by using the stuff we own.
After leaving Motorola, Inc. in 2007, Carline Lubin, started building a tool to do that but in the middle of it all saw a tremendous opportunity to help address how neighbors have become cold, indifferent and disconnected with each other, and realized that, when connected, we can even do more as a community.
Since then, we at Etoolbay have been driven to address the great need for a community building social platform, with an open forum where people in common geographic areas around the world can both find each other to connect and the tools to help them stay connected. ToolzDO aims to foster and facilitate:
- communication, neighborliness, and deeper relationships with the people we live among.
- simple and cooperative living and conscious spending to help get the most out of life and go green.
- charitable giving to better our communities and our lives.
The service is driven by the following beliefs:
- We are to love our neighbors.
- It is more blessed to give than to receive.
- Treat others as you would like to be treated.
- The ultimate tool (ever made) is the human wheel and its potential for DOing GOOD.
- Never underestimate the power of human connection.
- There is no community unless we are connected.
- Once connected, we can have a greater impact on economic, social, and environmental issues.
- Living through our commonalities rather than our differences breaks cultural walls.
- A healthy global economy is comprised of healthy local economies.
For sustainability, rather than raise funds as a non-profit, we turn to the business resources of the communities we serve that greatly benefit from ToolzDO to help cover the cost of keeping the site running and highly useable. There are many non-profits with greater causes needing donations. One of our primary goals is to help them raise funds and not compete for the same scarce funds.